- Yesh Din, an Israeli NGO founded by members of Machsom Watch, claims to monitor legal procedures applied to Palestinian complaints against Israelis – both civilians and members of the security forces in the West Bank – in Israeli civilian courts. It also follows proceedings against Palestinian defendants in military courts.
- Yesh Din is funded by the European Union, the Irish, Dutch, German and British Foreign Offices, the New Israel Fund, the Open Society Institute, and private donors and foundations. As with other European-funded political NGOs based in Israel, Yesh Din’s agenda is one-sided, and ignores Palestinian violations of Israeli human rights, including terrorism.
- Their main activities consist of soliciting reports from Palestinians regarding alleged “criminal behavior by Israeli civilians”, and publishing reports on these topics. In these reports, many of the claims are subjective and cannot be verified.
- Reports generally omit the context of terror and use pseudo-legal human rights terminology and “apartheid” rhetoric to condemn Israeli policy.
- The appearance of academic methods notwithstanding, the methodological problems in the reports reduce Yesh Din’s credibility. In its report on military courts, conclusions are based on a small, unrepresentative sample of 800 cases, out of 42,000 indictment and arrest hearings conducted in the military courts in 2006 alone.
August 04, 2008
Yesh Din: Justice for All?
More on the stench known as Yesh Din. Via NGO Monitor:
Via WeeklyStandard The main achievement of the Gaza border attacks is to remind Israelis that Hamas considers all of Israel's borders...
To El Salsero Gringo , thank you for your intelligent and authoritative support of Israel. I would have emailed you directly to say so but y...
...there is absolutely no proof whatsoever of the existence of an ancestral Palestinian Arab homeland, while archeology, anthropology, histo...