July 18, 2007

Does it really matter that my ranking in Technorati is going down after all these years?

Yes and no. Yes, because of my ego. No, because the think tank at Technorati might have made some errors in their algorithm premise and no, because it doesn't really matter.

Israel is what matters. In Ecclesiastes, Solomon said, "In much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow".

See, for me, my exposure to the thousands of Jew-bashing articles and Jew hatred that I read on a constant basis has left me somewhat depressed. I don't have answers. In fact this evening, I don't know why, I asked myself why G-d had to choose 6 million people to die. If any had to die, how come it was 6 million, if anyone had to die, wouldn't one have been sufficient?

But I can't stop thinking about Israel. This is my compulsion and I've had it for years. I don't know why I do; I didn't come from a religious family. My yearning for Israel has come from another place outside of myself.

Elijah had complained to God, "I have been very zealous for the Lord God of Hosts...I alone am left and they seek to take my life, but HaShem said "Hold on, you're not alone. I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal".

And then I realize that all my fellow pro-Israel bloggers, like Jack and Debbie and Bernie and Angel and David and the other David and Elon, we all stand together as one and we are connected through G-d by way of Israel, and then I start to feel a little bit better again.

No comments:

We Are Back

SmoothStone is excited to announce that we have moved to our new site at: https://smoothstoneblog.net   Look forward to seeing you th...