August 28, 2005

A pride I wish I didn't have to have but one that I share

Paul Greenberg writes:
I can't remember being quite so proud in quite this way of the family [of Jews] as I was this past week, when the news was full of images of Jews being forced out of their homes - this time by other Jews. The self-control of both settlers and soldiers required a kind of courage not even war may demand. It had taken 8,000 Israeli troops to capture Gaza in the Six-Day War, when Gamal Abdel Nasser was going to drive the Jews into the sea. It would take a force of 50,000 - trained, disciplined, and almost all unarmed - to remove the settlers.

No comments:

We Are Back

SmoothStone is excited to announce that we have moved to our new site at: https://smoothstoneblog.net   Look forward to seeing you th...