December 08, 2007

The Question of a Freed Slave

Deconstructing apartheid accusations. Listen well, "Bishop" Tutu. From The Question of a Freed Slave:
Simon Deng, a former jihad slave in Sudan and now a human rights activist, has written a remarkable protest to Bishop Desmond Tutu over the bishop's rabid prejudice against Israel which he accuses of "apartheid":
"The State of Israel is not an apartheid state. I know because I write this from Jerusalem where I have seen Arab mothers peacefully strolling with their families - even though I also drove on Israeli roads protected by walls and fences from Arab bullets and stones. I know Arabs go to Israeli schools, and get the best medical care in the world. I know they vote and have elected representatives to the Israeli Parliament. I see street signs in Arabic, an official language here. None of this was true for blacks under Apartheid in Tutu's South Africa."

No comments:

We Are Back

SmoothStone is excited to announce that we have moved to our new site at: https://smoothstoneblog.net   Look forward to seeing you th...