Sponsored by Aish.com:
In 1948, the Arab Legion captured the police station on Mount Scopus, isolating it from the rest of Jerusalem. One month earlier, a convoy of 78 Jewish medical personnel en route to Mount Scopus were killed in a merciless Arab ambush. After 1948, Hebrew University and Hadassah Hospital both closed their Mount Scopus facilities and relocated to western Jerusalem. When Jerusalem was reunited in 1967, these facilities reopened on Mount Scopus.