April 15, 2007

Connecting secular phenomena to the Divine

"Almighty God, look at this magnificent apple that You created! The wisdom of its waterproof enclosure, the beauty of its tantalizing red color, and the temptingly delicious aroma with which it is perfumed. How can I even begin to thank You!" -- Rabbi Avigdor Miller (1908-2001), one of America's leading Torah educators and author of groundbreaking books on Jewish thought.

B"H, one of my goals, once I get past this awful asthma episode, is to become more mindful of Hashem's creations. I've been too cynical and too sad to be a conveyor of positive thought.

May Hashem get me back on track. Amen.

No comments:

We Are Back

SmoothStone is excited to announce that we have moved to our new site at: https://smoothstoneblog.net   Look forward to seeing you th...