March 12, 2007

Archaeologist recounts discovery of oldest biblical text

Gabriel “Gaby” Barkay led a dig in Jerusalem 30 years ago. It was on the grounds of St. Andrews Church of Scotland, within view of Old Jerusalem, erected in 1927 in the Valley of Hinnom (Ketef Hinnom), where Barkay oversaw an archaeological dig in the mid- to late-1970s. Read about his account of his discovery of Biblical text which predates the earliest Dead Sea Scrolls by four centuries, from the Baptist Press.